Thursday, February 14, 2013

How We Met


While I was serving in Samoa, unbeknownst to me, my mom and Siri, Shalie's sister, decided that Shalie and I should somehow meet. I don't know how that conversation started, but it resulted in us being friends on Facebook. Apparently there had to be some convincing to get Shalie to accept it: I guess my good looks weren't enough ;). Well I got home on December 3rd, 2011 and as I started to reacclimate myself with life not on an island, I came across an attractive girl on my friends list, but I had no idea who she was. Being a smooth RM I started with "so how do i know you?" We went from there, sort of forced at first but I kept trying, and by the end of the night Shalie had given me her number without me asking for it. Skilled, I know.
As time went by until the end of December we got in a habit of skyping. Conversations would last for hours, and they would end fairly late at night. I had nothing to do at all the next day, and she was two hours behind, so no big deal. Despite all the fun in chatting, there still was a slim chance we would actually see each other ever. But then Kayla White was a life-saver and decided to visit Utah, which drew Shalie down to Provo. So on January 6th we went on our first date, and we saw each other every night that weekend, and then again the next week when she came down with her dad after leaving. I must have made an impression because she came back down really quickly. Then I REALLY must have done something right because Shalie decided to move down here to Utah, and the rest is history!
So thanks to Siri and my mom for "setting us up:" if you hadn't we wouldn't have ever found each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background