Thursday, February 14, 2013

Proposal Story

Well, getting the ring was quite the task. Not really, just lots of driving. Thanks to Dave Love for designing it and making it for me from scratch! I'll be honest, I'm not super creative (I stare at a computer all day, how could I be?), but I did want the proposal to be private. There isn't really anywhere here where that situation is possible besides Provo canyon, so once the ring was almost done I went and scoured the canyon for a good spot. OK I didn't scour it, but I did spend 30 minutes looking for the spot. I happened across a road up South Fork, and as I drove up it I found a park, South Fork park (a surprising name I know). I looked around on the other side of a creek and found a nice spot in the woods alongside of the creek. So the next night around 2 AM I took my roommate there to show him so he could take pictures. I still couldn't think of a good way to get Shalie up the canyon though, which was kind of a problem. So Saturday morning came and I woke up to drive to Logan to pick up the ring (but not after sleeping 2 hours past my alarm). As I drove back, Shalie gave me my excuse to get her up the canyon: she wanted to go on a walk that night. So I suggested this "cool park I heard about in the math lab that I haven't been to" and the plan was in motion. After a few hurdles, I got my roommate on his way to the spot while I delayed Shalie for about 15 minutes (he was "going to the library" on a Saturday night). We got there and I wanted to take her straight to the other side of the creek, but she was difficult and drug me a different way. I'm surprised she didn't notice me constantly looking around to find my roommate's car, which was a good thing, and eventually I got her where I wanted her. But once we were there.....I COULDN'T TELL IF MY ROOMMATE WAS EVEN THERE. So I kept walking further downstream until I got lucky and noticed his head peeking from behind a bush. So I drug Shalie to a dry spot, said some cheesy stuff, got on a knee, laughed to myself at Shalie's "OH MY GOSH WHAT ARE YOU DOING" (I guess she forgot this was coming?) and proposed! Of course she said yes, and here we are, happily engaged :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Background